Berkeley Public Library, North Branch
March 24th, 2018
A Great Day for Repairs!!
- 48 participants brought items needing repair.
- At least 30 items were fixed.
- Participants left with 15 items in the process of repair, knowing what parts were needed and what to do next.
- Participants took home 2 items beyond repair.
- 18 Fixers and 4 hosts volunteered over 90 hours to working with folks to fix their things.
Supplies generously donated by:
Berkeley ACE Hardware
Berkeley Public Library, South Branch
Fixit Clinic - #261!
March 3rd, 2018
- Participants brought more than 43 items needing repair.
- At least 23 items were fixed.
- Participants left with over 12 items in the process of repair, knowing what parts were needed and what to do next.
- Participants took home some 4 items determined to be beyond repair.
Coaches and participants worked together doing a lot of exploring, head-scratching, noodling through problems, trying this and that — and learning and fixing along the way. What a GREAT day!
Together, participants and coaches fixed:
a garden shear
a camera tripod
an ironing board
an electric teapot
an electric pencil sharpener
a cell phone
2 CD players
a picture frame
a set of headphones
a pair of boots
... and MORE!
Folks left knowing how to proceed with fixes, and what parts might be needed, for:
a sewing machine
a CD player
a file drawer
a coffee grinder
... and MORE!
It was loads of fun.
What a GREAT day!